Cloud computing has become one of the hottest trends in the IT world, as more and more organizations are moving their infrastructure to the cloud. There are many benefits of Tally cloud computing, including the fact that it can help to improve scalability, flexibility, and efficiency. Additionally, cloud computing can help to reduce costs, since you only pay for the services that you use. However, there are also some potential drawbacks to cloud computing, such as the fact that it can require a significant upfront investment. Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to move to the cloud depends on the specific needs of your business needs.
Here are some Pros & Cons of migrating Tally data to the Cloud.
- No cost on infrastructure: With cloud computing, the headache associated with maintaining in-house systems disappears as you have the support of your service provider. No need to install the Systems on your premises to maintain data. Because the cost of infrastructure is included in your plan and split among all the service provider’s clients, you save money. Did you know, organizations that deploy cloud computing services save more than 35 per cent on operating costs each year?
- Data backup & recovery: Loss of data can significantly impact your business. You might lose critical information which can cost you a huge sum of money, waste your valuable time and adversely impact your brand image. To prevent it, you can automatically back up all the data to the cloud on a regular basis. This helps you to recover any data in case of accidental deletion, loss because of natural calamity or if the hard drive crashes.
- Access anywhere, anytime: Adopting cloud accounting technology for your business will give you access to your business data remotely. Irrespective of your physical location, you can access your business reports from anywhere at any time.
- Automatic software updates: Updating a system every now and then can be a frustrating task for enterprises. The IT department needs to update the system for every individual which not only wastes time but affects productivity. But if you are using cloud-based applications, they will get automatically updated, without any involvement from the users. After discussing the benefits of cloud computing, let’s now discuss some disadvantages of cloud computing.
- Risky Migration of data: One of the most worrisome problems which companies face is data loss during migration. Unpleasant cases of missing, corrupt, or incomplete files are common. Therefore, it is critical to have a backup in case business owners or other stakeholders require to restore or recover lost data.
- Downtime: Since the cloud requires high internet speed and good bandwidth, there is always a possibility of service outage, which can result in business downtime. Today, no business can afford revenue or business loss due to downtime or slowdown from an interruption in critical business processes.
- Cyber Threats: Many organizations store confidential data on their cloud servers, making them an attractive target for hackers. There are some security concerns associated with storing Tally data in the cloud. Hackers can potentially exploit vulnerabilities in server software to access user data.
What else can you do to ensure robust cloud security for your Tally data?
In addition to this measure, why not add an extra layer of security on the actual Tally data files the software generates? Siccura Guard is the ultimate data protection solution for all Tally files. The simple yet powerful software is easy to use and gives you complete control of all data that is generated from Tally ERP and QuickBooks.
The affordable solution connects with the Tally ERP solution and keeps all financial records locked.
So, whether it’s employees or external partners who are handling your Tally data, avoid loss through corruption, and keep it secure and in your control.
- Secure and lock Tally data files
- Keeps it safe from hackers
- Keep a track of every edit on your Tally files.
Sleep well knowing your hard work is safe inside Siccura Guard